Friday 11 December 2015

Changing the setting

From House to Woods 

After continuous thoughts about my overall plot, I have changed the setting of my trailer as I feel it would be more effective than my original idea. The original setting was to have it a rough looking house but I feel I am unable to get the full effect of my trailer. So the setting I have now decided is to do it in woods at night. Before his nightmare starts his brother sports the word “RUN” on the back of his neck, neither know why or how it got on his neck. Without thinking anything of it he rubbed it off and went to bed.

Each nightmare will start with the main character running in dark woods. He is unable to figure out why he is running in every nightmare he sees a man in all black in a mask. Every time he turns to look the unknown man is there (around 50 yards away). The last scene will be running and then looks behind then looks in front and he is standing right there in front of him. The plot of my film is very much the same but I have not included the whispers and changed the setting. The writing on his body whilst asleep has stayed as I feel this builds us the tension of the trailer but instead of a locked up room I am instead having the main character running in the woods and the two characters “unknown” will be appearing in different places to frighten the audience. That is my main aim when recording the trailer, as it is very hard to make trailers that build tension and interests the viewer throughout.


No comments:

Post a Comment